Call for Proposals for Legacy Surveys with JAST80
Deadline: 2022-05-15 23:59 CEST (Closed)
CEFCA announces a Call for Legacy Surveys with the JAST80 Telescope operating at the OAJ. Eligible projects must be conducted with the JAST80 telescope and its large field of view imager T80Cam, although the use of new instrumentation is also possible (see below).
Proposals shall include the Scientific Rationale, emphasizing the Legacy Value of the data, and an overall description of the Observing Strategy and Filter System. A summary of the main aspects of the call follows:
- 650 hours per year are offered during 5 years (for a total of 3250 hours) to perform Legacy Surveys with the JAST80 telescope.
- The proposed surveys shall require a minimum of 200 hours per year.
- 12 J-PLUS and 3 GALANTE filters integrated at T80Cam are offered. The use of J-PAS filters in T80Cam is also an option.
- The definition of new filters and/or new instrumentation is also possible. In that case, a feasibility analysis shall be provided.
- The expected starting date for the observations of surveys using T80Cam and existing filters is 2023A.
Full details of the call can be found in the document linked below.
The submission deadline for the Legacy Surveys Proposals is 15th May 2022, 23:59 CEST. A template of the application can be downloaded using the links below. Applications (and accompanying documentation if required) should be submitted in PDF format to the following email: JAST80Surveys@cefca.es. Should you have questions, contact us via the same e-mail address.
|Detailed description of the call|
|Template of the application (docx)|
|Template of the application (odt)|
Notice that, besides the Legacy Surveys, other ways of applying for observing time are offered by CEFCA every semester for Target of Opportunity (ToO) and Director's Discretionary Time (DDT) programs. You can see the details here.